The Happiest Hour is one of the leading Food & Drink Deals platforms in Australia helping hundreds of bars and restaurants in attracting new clients. The platform has been in existence since 2004 and included Mobile & Web apps. The Happiest Hour team came to us with a request to rebuild their project from scratch in order to offer new features, improve existing ones and attract new clients.
- Create a Web Module feature so that owners of bars can upload their deals to the mobile apps without an administrator;
- Create a new Events & Favourites Modules for the Mobile app users;
- Add the ability for Mobile Push Notifications & Deep Linking;
- Track and Analyse the data coming from the apps;
- Improve the look and feel of the Mobile Apps;
- Refresh & enhance their Web App.
After a discovery & analysis phase we decided to offer to the Happiest Hour team the following set up and technology stack:
- Rebuilding of the Web App with Umbraco and creating a Bar Owners Module with Umbraco's build-in Members feature;
- Developing the Umbraco API to sync with the iOS and Android Apps - this allows for the seamless management of deals. In that way deals can be uploaded on the mobile apps through the web interface of Umbraco CMS;
- Rebuilding of both Android and iOS apps simultaneously with Xamarin Forms.
- Integration of Visual Studio App Center for Push Notifications. Set up custom events syncing with Azure Application Insights;
- Integration of Azure Blob for image caching;
- Integration of other various 3rd party tools such as MapBox, Mailchimp and others.
After the project was fully deployed The Happiest Hour immediately registered improved user experience and user satisfaction. The app rating and installs also increased significantly. Bar owners are now able to freely register, set up their bar and begin uploading deals to the mobile apps. Users of the mobile apps on the other hand are able to not only search deals but events as well and add them to their favorites section. The platform admins are now able to notify users for key deals and events through push notifications and analyse the gathered data from the mobile and web apps for key decisions.